Amit Thaker Amit Thaker (born 17 July 1971) is an Indian politician of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He is National Co-convener of Overseas BJP. He is former National President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (2007-2010)
He started his political career as a government nominee in the Gujarat University's syndicate council when Keshubhai Patel was chief minister. He started his own colleges - the Lokmanya College of Computer Application and Lokmanya College of Commerce in Gujarat.
In 2003 when Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee made his China trip then Amit Thaker was member of the youth delegation. He also participated in an International conference on terrorism in which delegates from 52 countries participated.
In December, 2004 he organised a protest at Jantar Mantar demanding abolition of the Illegal Migrants' Determination by Tribunals (IMDT) Act, 1983, terming it as a tool for vote-bank politics being played by the Congress. He became national president of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, youth wing of BJP on February 9, 2007.
During 15th Lok Sabha election in 2009 he supported the issue raised by BJP Prime minister candidate Lal Krishna Advani for bringing back the Indian black money from Swiss banks. In May 2009 he protested against the invocation of the National Security Act on the BJP candidate for Lok Sabha from Pilibhit, Varun Gandhi. Finally Supreme court asked Mayawati government to revoke NSA from Varun Gandhi.
On 1 June 2009 he held a protest against the recent alleged racist attacks on Indian students studying in Australia and demanding increased security for them. He has been National Co-convener of Overseas BJP since 2010 and active in Gujarat BJP.
- 1989 - 1990 - Secretary, Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, Ahmedabad
- 1990 - 1994 - Joint Secretary, Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, Ahmedabad
- 1995 - Secretary, Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, Gujarat
- 2002 - President, Gujarat chess association
- 1997 - 2004 - President, Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, Gujarat
- 2004 - 2007 - General Secretary of the Yuva Morcha
- 2007 - 2010 - National President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha
- 2010 - 2016 - National Co-convenor of Overseas BJP
- 2015- Present- Director of Tourism Corporation of Gujarat.
- 2016- Present- Member-Board Of Governance(BoG),Gujarat Technological University,GTU,Ahmedabad
- 2016 - Present - State Secreatry, Bharatiya Janata Party Gujarat State